Blog

Cape May, NJ

posted by Jerry Liguori at
on Saturday, November 23, 2013 

Warning: This post might bore you.

For the first time in many many years, I took a trip to Cape May Point, NJ this fall to watch hawks. I had a great time, saw lots of old friends, and met a bunch of people for the first time. And, of course I saw lots of Peregrines, Merlins, Ospreys, accipiters, etc. My fear of flying keeps me from making it to the East Coast on a regular basis, but I might have to make Cape May an annual thing. Here are some raptor pics (some from before), and people shots from this trip. It was particularly fun to hang out with Liza Gray (top photo) and Pete Gustas (second photo). Note Pete's gangster outfit he wore for the official first day of the "Riff Raff" crew get together. I didn't even know it, but I am an honorary member of the Riff Raff….thanks guys! Another friend I hadn't seen in a while was Julian Hough, who brought his son Alex (the next great hawk watcher -- third photo). Great to see you Julian, and to meet Alex. I am enjoying travelling!
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to hang out and watch hawks and you do need to make it annual !

Pete Gustas

November 24, 2013 at 5:36 AM  
Anonymous Hatem Gomaa said...

You look like you work out, there, Jerry. Very fit and athletic. Sitting next to Mr. Gustas you look like "the enforcer", not to mess with! :)

November 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Jerry Liguori said...

Hah, hilarious!

Actually Pete is the one not to mess with...I have stories I can't tell on the blog.

November 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Mr. Liguori, not "Gangster"....I just like black.

Pete Gustas

November 25, 2013 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Great pics, Jerry. Joan and I couldn't get there until Columbus Day this year. We missed a lot of the regulars. It was great, as usual. You and Pete look like a scene from Goodfellas.

December 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM  
Blogger Jerry Liguori said...

Hi Bob:

I wish I could have seen you guys! Maybe next year, who knows...

And please tell Jamie to email me, Ilost my contacts a while back and don't have his now

December 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Previous





Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]