Blog

Winter Harriers

posted by Jerry Liguori at
on Sunday, December 15, 2013 

Had a fun day today...only saw a few raptors, which was surprising. But they were fighting over a duck carcass (not sure which bird took it down) and I got to photograph them from inside my car. They ignored me for the most part as I just rested my lens on the car door and shot away. Its rare when this happens, and the photo opportunities are ideal, I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I have lots of "keepers" from today and too many pics to go through tonight, but here are some Harrier shots and a Rough-legged Hawk (top photo, "click" to enlarge). Also saw a few Harlan's, a bunch of other Red-tails, Kestrels, and Bald Eagles.
2 Comments:
Anonymous M. O'Reilly said...

This is torture to see the keepers you got in one day! Beautiful photographs, thank you for posting them, that Rough-legged Hawk image is 'crazy good'. I enjoy these eye level views and the shadows on the snow.

December 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Jerry Liguori said...

Thank You M. -- And a neat Roughie at that, the tail has minimal white for a light-morph.

December 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Previous





Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]